"success consits of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm."

w. churchill

"failure is my new best friend, security my foe."

w. lopez-swiatek


Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Is there a link between your name and your degree of reluctancy towards adulthood?

What's in a name ?
My brother once broke up with an otherwise compatible girlfriend because he just couldn't stand her name. " What's her name ...I mean how bad can it be..?", I asked my bro.
" Her name is Chantel". "Oh...I see",I said. We both agreed there was no future for this relationship. You can date a Chantel, and even have a very good time with a Chantel...but marry one? No way..especially as my brother noted..there is no good nickname for it. " What am I gonna call her..Channy ?.. Telly? ". NO. She was a thing of the past within weeks.
It got me thinking about my own name and it's relevance in my life.
Let's see...Wendy. A name created by the guy that wrote Peter Pan...the story about NEVER GROWING UP..Hmmmm. Can I blame my disaffection for adulthood , at least in part, on my parents giving me this name? Yes. I can... and I WILL! How immature! Which only goes to prove my point. Wendy isn't a name for an old person..it just isn't. So I have two choices: 1) Die young. No thank you... or 2) Continue to act young even when I'm clearly not.

No comments: