"success consits of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm."

w. churchill

"failure is my new best friend, security my foe."

w. lopez-swiatek


Tuesday, March 20, 2007

R.A. Issue of the day/Why can't my life be more like a '60's sitcom

WHERE THE HELL IS ALICE ? It's dinner time, and even though it's Taco Tuesday (about as staight forward as meal prep. can get) I am nevertheless lacking the will to cut up the tomatoes, lettuce and onions brown up the beef, crack open the can of black beans and stuff them into their cardboard -stiff little shells. I NEED ALICE..you know Alice..from the Brady Bunch..with the fetching little black maid/chef/gofer outfit and the "can do , Mrs. Brady !" attitude. If my memory serves me, Mrs. Brady didn't do JACK all day !! I'm tired.. I just want to kinda sit back, let the big A take care of dinner and chill until Idol comes on . Is that so WRONG ???

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

60's sitcom or any other TV - made up - BS! Could Ben Cartright have made it if he wasn't rich? What would he have done without Hopsing? How about the courtship of Eddie's father? I think she was more than just a maid. The flintstones were the most true to life show about the family and everyday blue collar life. dismiss the prehistoric animals in the daily routine and Fred was just like us. A guy who punched the clock everyday and then partied and got himself into trouble (just like a teenager) in his spare time. Wilma wasn't the perfect little homemaker. She had flings with guys behind Fred's back. She was sick of the routine when Pebbles came along. Fred didn't seek a divorce even though Wilma's mother was a major B-iatch. Fred just went bowling or golfing or drinking and acting like a reluctant adult. That is the key - be a reluctant adult. Party and enjoy all you can. Let the routine take care of itself. Hey, it's okay use your credit cards, get that toy you want and have an rxtra drink tonight.