"success consits of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm."

w. churchill

"failure is my new best friend, security my foe."

w. lopez-swiatek


Thursday, April 26, 2007

Credentials

I've always been put off by professionals that pile up all the abbreviatons for their credentials behind their name. I guess I can tolerate MD and Esquire..even CSW...or PhD in the right setting..What bothers me is when they use them for other than professional use. Like on personal correspondence . Okay...Dr. Welby, you're off the clock.. can you just be Marcus for the next 5 hours..?
There is an awsome guitar player named Tommy Emmanuel.. after his signature he always puts CGP ( certified guitar player ). For some reason I love that. It gives me pause. Should I do the same ? And if so ..what initials would follow my name? Wendy Lopez-Swiatek CMC ( certified mail carrier) ...Wendy Lopez-Swiatek ABB ( aging baby boomer)..Wendy Lopez-Swiatek PGM (pretty good Mom)? These thoughts came to me just before waking up this morning.. when my mind was still fuzzy enough to be spacey and creative and not make too much sense.
I think I'll change my credentials at will ..but from now on my goal is to always put some kind of arbitrary abbreviation after my name. I'll sign off now. Wendy Lopez-Swiatek GHF ( glass half full).

No comments: