"success consits of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm."

w. churchill

"failure is my new best friend, security my foe."

w. lopez-swiatek


Thursday, November 8, 2007

things i tell myself though they ain't really true

we tell ourselves stories don't we?
i realized this this morning after eating a huge bowl of postal cafeteria oatmeal, which i do on most mornings.
the story i tell myself about my oatmeal is that after i eat it, i can then eat as much crap as i want
because somehow the oatmeal will act as a homeopathic Drain-o and purge my body of all the hydrogenated, sugar-filled cookies, brownies, muffins, and little debbies that i also consume nearly every morning.
oatmeal is rightfully touted as one of those majorly healthy power foods.
but i'm thinking i may just be better off without it.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Has anyone ever told you that you look like Ally Sheedy???

Oh, and I saw another one of your posts that had you in an article. It said you were 47. There is no way that is possible! If so, what exactly are you doing to stay so young???

I'm definitely with you on the oatmeal!!! HA! I've been thinking about getting that diet medication that gives you the craps after you eat but I haven't figured out how to hook a bag up to my side.... I can't exactly ask Mrs. F to use her bathroom everyday while I'm on my route!!!! HA!

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't get diabetes! xxx Mom