"success consits of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm."

w. churchill

"failure is my new best friend, security my foe."

w. lopez-swiatek


Wednesday, November 14, 2007

making lists and checking them twice

i love lists.
not just "to do" lists...although they rank high on my list of lists that
i create most frequently.
there are short lists, like :people i can actually imagine driving cross country with
without killing before making it to Iowa.
there are long lists, like: funny people that also happen to be jewish.
there are medium sized lists, like: things i would do differently if given the chance.
now for us listaholics there is a place to go to indulge this soft addiction.
www.gubb.net.
you can compile an infinite number of lists..each with it's own color scheme..and you never have to wonder where you put the darn thing. the coolest part is the little pencil icon that crosses items off when they are accomplished. it's astonishingly gratifying.
i'm on vacation right now.
on the morning of my first day off, i ran down to my computer full of energy, purpose and optimism as i created list after list of what i was going to do with all of my vacation time.
unfortunately i have spent so much time on Gubb monkeying around with my lists that i have only completed 4 or 5 items.
should have put "play with Gubb lists" at the top of my list.
i definitely could have checked that one off!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

The only list I make is a grocery list...hahahaha

you are sooo OCD. I am so LFD (lazy, fat, and depressed) HAHAHA

Anonymous said...

What does OCD mean?

Brooke said...

obsessive compulsive disorder

I actually wished I had a little of it!!!! HA! Then my house wouldn't be full of clutter!!!!!

Brooke said...

I've been watching it when I can... I have them taped, it's just getting around to watching them!

The new girl(Sami from Days of Our Lives) is sooo getting on my nerves.

"Last week you were 475 pounds...lets see how you did this week."
She has this grimace sometimes like she's thinking "gah, you're so fat" LOL LOL LOL

I actually like her on Days but on the Biggest Loser she gets on my nerves! HA! If I could seriously take off work I would go on the show!!!!