"success consits of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm."

w. churchill

"failure is my new best friend, security my foe."

w. lopez-swiatek


Friday, December 28, 2007

and a happy new year

my friend lindsay told me that 2008 is going to be an amazing year.
an electric year.
lindsay is a smart person and a bit of a psychic.
so
if she said it, chances are, she's right.
she said that if you turn the number 8 on its side
it becomes the symbol for infinity.
and apparently, that means good stuff.
i'm willing to believe it.

new year's is the best of holidays.
only slightly edging out the fourth of july.
last new year's eve was spent standing on the main street bridge
in the pouring rain
with a kazoo in my mouth.
i hope for better things this new year's eve.
like a fire in the fireplace.
staring at it with my family.
something good to eat.
a modest amount of drink.
clear and peaceful thoughts.
my wooden pen and journal.
as usual, i will fight the urge to
create a long list of re-run resolutions:
eat better, exercise more, read more, spend less, be more patient ....
intentions are always good but
resolutions tend to intimidate me more than inspire me.
so i will just try to focus on a few things:
start as many days as possible with meditation
keep rooted in the now (which is all we really have)
and beat my son john at arm wrestling.
there is so much more i want to
strive for, experience and accomplish,
but i'm going to keep it simple.
and leave some room for
adventure,
fate
and
electricity .

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy 2008 to you and your family.

Be safe. Be happy. Be peaceful.

Thank you for your positive thoughts. It means so much to me.

From your friend in Texas ...

Sarah