"success consits of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm."

w. churchill

"failure is my new best friend, security my foe."

w. lopez-swiatek


Saturday, October 13, 2007

side effects

last friday my son came home from school sick.
the next day i started feeling like garbage.
on monday i took my son to the doctor for a strep test.
the quick test came back negative.
two days later find out he was positive.
go to my doc for a throat culture.
it was negative but they decided to start me on penicillin just in case.
after a few doses i'm not feeling any better AND my mouth starts feeling sore inside.
i go home and check the medication info for side effects..something i am loathe to do because once you read them it can scare the hell out of you.
i scanned the patient prescription literature.
there it was.."mouth sores may occur".
and then i read this:
"ALTHOUGH UNCOMMON, YOU MAY DEVELOP A BLACK,"HAIRY" TONGUE WHILE TAKING THIS MEDICATION. THIS EFFECT IS HARMLESS AND USUALLY GOES AWAY AFTER TREATMENT".
now i'm feeling really sick.
too bad it's not closer to halloween..could be a great addition to a werewolf costume.
wonder what the side effects of the medicine they give you for "BLACK HAIRY TONGUE" are?

No comments: