"success consits of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm."

w. churchill

"failure is my new best friend, security my foe."

w. lopez-swiatek


Sunday, August 19, 2007

Some stuff I still find myself wanting even though I'm trying extra hard not to be materialistic

1) haunted by the desire to drive a fun car. a two seater convertible. stereotypic mid- life crisis I know..but I've craved this since I could drive. doesn't eveyone? maybe I can rent one for a weekend and that will blow it out of my system.

2) one of those scandinavian leather sling- type recliners. good lamp. good books. time to park
my butt there.

3) an out building/creativity shack in the back yard. good light. paints. canvas.

4) laptop and wireless internet..so i can blog in bed.

5) a groovy little dog that is cute as anything, gets along with our rabbit, costs nothing and walks itself.

6) a front porch. with comfy chairs

7) a slightly bigger motor for our little boat.

there. i feel better now.

8) oh yeah. i almost forgot .trip to So Cal. and alright..might as well throw in a learn-to-surf vacation in Costa Rica while we're at it.

Ahhhhhh.
Now back to my regularly scheduled life.. which is pretty damn good as is.

9) Okay...and a mudroom..and maybe a minor little kitchen update...

Yep. I'm definitely done.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Can I join in? Your list is cool, even though I completely understand that, in your heart, you just wish you could be on the mountains of Peru, with no electricity or running water, perfecting your ceramics skills. Same thing here. SINCE I AM NOT, though... here is what I could use...
* A nice 3-month trip to Europe, with first class tickets, 5-star restaurants and all.
* An authentic Paul McCartney-style 60-something Hoffner bass.
* A self-cleaning house.
* A date with Julianne Moore... (now, is that really materialistic? Well, it must be, because 1) she MATTERS and 2) She has a lot of wonderful matter. Whatever. I still want the date.)

Working for a living stinks.

Anonymous said...

Peru??? Not right now. You'd be shaking and quaking!

Anonymous said...

Marcelo, I second your "self-cleaning house". What I really want is to live in a white empty box.

Anonymous said...

Hope the next 2 booksignings go well and lead to more! Love,Mom

Anonymous said...

I want a free ticket to see dylan and elvis c. this fall at rit.

hmmm...a caribbean vacation once a month during the winter all expenses paid.

a self cleaning house sounds good too.

and a body where i could eat anything in any amounts and not have it show up anywhere on a gorgeous figure that i've never quite had.

more stuff for sure.....