"success consits of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm."

w. churchill

"failure is my new best friend, security my foe."

w. lopez-swiatek


Wednesday, July 9, 2008

smashing

recently for health reasons that i won't bore you with
it has become necessary for me to give up some of the things
that i enjoy most on earth:
hot fudge sundaes,
chocolate,
frappachinos
pizza
pasta

it is bumming me out. big time.
one side effect of this new diet is
that it forces me to find pleasure in other ways.

so it is with great excitement that i
am counting down to one of my fav guilty pleasures :
the Monroe County Fair Demolition Derby..

i remember back in high school riding in my friend larry's demo car
illegally (no windshield) to the fairgrounds
for the big event.
i had never witnessed one before
and it did not disappoint despite the fact that i had a wisdom tooth pulled earlier that day
and was in pure agony after my meds wore off.
i loved the danger, the swagger of the drivers, the rowdy beer drinking fans.

it ain't summer without the demo. i can almost smell the fumes.........

No comments: