"success consits of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm."

w. churchill

"failure is my new best friend, security my foe."

w. lopez-swiatek


Friday, March 21, 2008

jeeps and peeps


the jeep obsession continues, unabated.
thought perhaps the car crush would wane.
my sister-in-law cathy said she had a crush on the Honda CRV but it went away.
my other sister-in-law jen reports that she purchased her car crush quite a few years ago and they are still going strong.
what to do...
went to the dealer for a test drive.
(the word "dealer" seems appropriate considering i'm acting like a bit of an addict.)
for some reason when we got there, the Liberty seemed much bigger than it did at the auto show. too big.
so we decided to test drive it's little brother, the Patriot.
cute as hell, more affordable, much better gas mileage. makes more sense.
it drove nicely..
comfy!
pretty smooth...
i could see us buying one.
but...yet....
i went back into the showroom and sat in the Liberty just for kicks.
it speaks to me...
next up..
gonna check out another dealer and
take the Liberty out for a drive..
i'm afraid
that i'm gonna
fall deeper in lust.

happy easter peeps!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I remember the first time I saw her.

I had come for someone else. But once I glanced at her, ran my hands over her taut hood and shiny finish, I knew I was lost.

I was sitting in the salesman office. She was just outside the door on the sales floor.

Red.
Sexy.
And calling my name.

I pointed to her and said, 'I want her. Now.'

Five years later, she's still hot. Still makes me feel cocky when I start her up and hear the purr of her engine.

My 350Z. The REAL love of my life.