"success consits of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm."

w. churchill

"failure is my new best friend, security my foe."

w. lopez-swiatek


Thursday, July 12, 2007

deeply superficial

i am seriuosly disturbed.this morning i rolled out of bed and hit the bathroom. i am one who needs to read while on the commode and so began perusing our local independent newspaper. i was still half asleep ( not sure if that vindicates me from the sheer pitifulness of this story, but still it's a fact). there was a picture of Mahatma Gandhi. while looking at his weathered face full of beauty and wisdom, I found myself thinking ..you know that furrow line between his brow really doesn't do justice to the peaceful guy that he was...kind of made him look worried or angry... STOP right there!! I've gone too far. What kind of person would project their own issues about aging onto one of the greatest human beings ever to walk the earth? !! I've been reading WAY too many botox ads .
at this point can i even be helped?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy ,as I played bridge today, I found myself looking at all my wrinkled friends and wondering what they had looked liked in earlier times. To me they were still beautiful, each in their own way, but by removing my glasses it seemed to erase those lines that do make us look less than pleasant at times.Botox would not be a consideration for any of us as the inner self has become more important. Mother nature can be cruel!! Mom

easylec said...

Beauty is only skin deep,ugliness goes right through.

Sarah said...

Ahh... Wendy, no, to answer your question ... I don't believe you can be helped. That's the beauty of you.