"success consits of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm."

w. churchill

"failure is my new best friend, security my foe."

w. lopez-swiatek


Thursday, May 10, 2007

child..the third

Call it my miracle baby...my post-hysterectomy wonder-child.

Unlike the other two, this baby won't be breastfed for two years, won't need braces or a college fund.
There were no contractions and the delivery was painless.
Today I went to watch the press run for my book.
I was unprepared for the total joy and pride I felt for this little bugger. It was a bliss buzz for sure.
Actually got a little woozy .. felt like I was on the verge of tossing my cookies..in a good way.
We'll have it in our hands by next week. It's so cute..I wanna carry a picture of it in my wallet.
Cool that it came into existence so close to mother's day.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

It won't talk back.
won't grow out of its jacket.
won't go through teenaged angst.
won't worry about how its butt looks or what kind of car it drives ....
Hmmm. Seems like the perfect child to me.
Congratulations on your pride and joy.

Anonymous said...

Wendy,A new grandchild! How delightful ! xxxMom

Anonymous said...

Hi Wendy,
Congratulations on giving birth. Can't wait to get that little darling in my hands.
Love you.
Your Proud Auntie,
Susie

Anonymous said...

Wendy,I love your book and so do my friends.Hope it goes well.Love you ! Mom