"success consits of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm."

w. churchill

"failure is my new best friend, security my foe."

w. lopez-swiatek


Sunday, June 8, 2008

quote of the day

"Fearlessness is the mother of invention."

Arianna Huffington

as one who has spent much of her life being plagued by fears and phobias,
i'm wondering:
can someone change their essential nature?
can someone find more courage and more heart without making a trip to see the wizard?
are we able to make fundamental changes to who we are, or just incremental?

i'm feeling restless today.
want to change everything
from the color of the walls of my house
to the color of my hair
want to live somewhere different

drive something different ( of course!)
see something different
do something different..
but i'll probably wind up mulching.

when i feel the need to change the externals,
it's probably a sign that the internals
are what need to change.
when the internal changes
everything else may stay the same,
but everything looks different.

i feel
summer coming..
it brings with it
a warm strong sensuous wind
that blows the dust off
the year that has been,

and brings electricity.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendy Dear, You're hair is just right for you! Forget about changing it for now. When the white starts to appear mix in a little streaking -blond. Then when you can't keep up try it natural and see how you feel. Maybe you'll like it. If not,always go to a lighter shade .not darker. God gave us white hair to soften the lines we get as we age. Words from one who knows. I always want to paint my walls but as John would have to do it,I guess I'd rather he do the yardwork and enjoy some golf.So it never gets done and then I get over it.Love, Mom