"success consits of going from failure to failure, without loss of enthusiasm."

w. churchill

"failure is my new best friend, security my foe."

w. lopez-swiatek


Wednesday, May 21, 2008

this doesn't make cents

today i learned that it takes 7 cents to make a nickle.
the world is full of perplexing truths
and trivial realities....
and that is one reason why i find it endlessly fun to be alive.

my small challenge for the day was to try to fill up my gas tank without whining about it to my kids who were onboard at the time. i failed. sounding like a geiser i
couldn't hold back from telling them for the umpteenth time " i remember when gas was $1.00 a gallon".
meanwhile my husband read an article in Reader's Digest (the large print edition pictured in my last blog entry which is given to me by one of my 80 year old customers when he's done with it, and i enjoy it lots because i don't need to use my reading glasses, (ironic that the large print editon therefore makes me feel younger)...anyways Paul read an article about this guy that is obsessed with squeezing every last mile out of a gallon of gas. he gives out specific guidelines for doing just that which Paul has completely taken to heart. He is experimenting with our Toyota which i can no longer drive until his experiment is over. the guy in the article got 30mpg out of his wive's SUV.

my new pal, head of marketing at Chrysler emailed me to see if i had heard about the new jeep incentives..($2.99/gallon for 3 years..or 700 gallons /year)...
she also wanted to wish me luck and contact her if i get on deal or no deal so she can cheer for me. gotta love her..
speaking of cheering..go David Archuletta!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does that new driving include pretending there is an egg on the gas pedal? To accelerate and brake gently? Good luck with that in city driving. B

Sarah said...

I paid $4.31 for regular unleaded in West Texas last weekend.

The thing is, West Texas is such a hellhole that I would have paid double that just to get out of there.

Seriously.

MizPostal said...

*jumping up&down in joy for David Cook winning!* Sorry Wendy

Anonymous said...

The wrong Cook won..it should have been Kristy Lee!